01/01/14

Personal Kaleidoscope of New Year - Through the Looking Glass




Picture looks like a Middle West country road. I always have a soft spot for 'murica. :)
A city of silence, a city of calm
As the Eve dawns, restlessness peaks
The first sign of fire on the air
And the city no longer keeps its silence

Here there be stampede
People gather and collect
Some finds their family, like a nest awaiting the bird to come home
Some looks on wistfully, dreaming of New Year Eves past with their loved ones 

What would I love other than feeling the excitement?
Getting into the heat of things and waving to the year that passes away
As well as welcoming our new dearest friend
Let the heart of the city embrace me with its ardor

Nevertheless my heart moves along with my family
To a place of quiet and calm maintained
Never before I thought I would kneel before Him
As the last seconds passed 

But kneel before Him I did
Hiccuping in regrets over my past transgressions
Somehow it weighs heavier during the end of all things
I’ve put walls around me and He slowly breaks it down

Dare if I might to lift my head
Struck my chin out, establishing my grip to the cynic in me
But remembrance of broken promises, the person that I used to be, startled me
To a realization that all is not lost 

The New Year is a new beginning, no matter how cliché it sounds
Resolutions would not matter when I misjudged my strength
I grab the Hand that is offered to me
A pact to renew the broken promises

It’s more profound than the statement fireworks make
Louder than the sounds the trumpets will ever make
The chill of the Eve has no grasp within me
Because my heart is left in the warm embrace of second chances
And a promise for a better tomorrow 

 
credit : weheartit.com

3 komentar:

  1. sweet as honey, sweet as your smile, sweet as the new hopes ! Nice !!! :)

    BalasHapus
  2. Thank you... :D Careful, sweet compliments like these may cause a girl diabetes XD

    BalasHapus
  3. Why don't make it into a song and let people amazed by your voice ?

    BalasHapus