03/05/14

Of Growing Up - Of Loosing Innocence

This post is intended as a reflection piece. This may be noticeably distinct from my usual posts.

I like to view the world from a distorted lenses - refusing to see the reality as it is instead of the utopia that I wish it was. I like when everything is black and white. You're able to make a split second decision about which is good and which is bad. I like when heroes always win, and life is a thrilling epic adventure where you get to conquer your dragon. I like the promised happily ever afters and a final kiss to the sunset.

Alas. The alarm clock has been ringing for some time. I am being dragged away and away from the dream. Waking up and putting on my glasses, I see a wholly different pasture - where the grass is usually not green enough and the sun can only be seen if you look hard enough through the gray clouds.

Dear God, my smile might not be as wide as it had been. My mind might not be filled with rainbows as before. And I quietly realized that I have known nothing. Nothing that matters, nothing's worth living for.

The art of growing up is to let go. Things we hold dear before might be holding us back. People you admire might turn up disappointing. How I wish to escape to my own fantasy but it is not to be, as my fantasy has turned up to be a fraud.

When the paragraph ends and when the ink has dried, the writer will see beneath all the words in the world, the one true lifeline and well of the soul.

Source: keywordpicture.com

1 komentar: